do you use your laptop too much?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by babyleans, Apr 14, 2014.

1. babyleans

SirJoe

I am going through the same thing, my computer isn't even a year old but most of the keys are already polished. I really don't know if it's from my writing or the quality of the keys aren't that good, but my mind is pretty much made up. The next laptop I get must have better quality keys.

SirJoe, Mar 28, 2016
  2. babyleans

Sefie

I use mine every single day, but that is because I do most things with it... like for example work and study. I use it for those two things mostly, I also use it for watching movies, reading books and other things.

Sefie, Apr 1, 2016
  3. babyleans

Sefie

Don't forget the damage to the eyes ;) But if a laptop is working well is not going to overheat, I started having that kind of issues with my 8 year old laptop, hence I had to get a new one. When a laptop starts over heating to the point it turns itself off, then that is a clear sign something is not right.

Sefie, Apr 1, 2016
  4. babyleans

spence88

Yes, about the eyes. I've read somewhere that you need to take a couple of minutes of the laptop screen and rest / blink your eyes every once in a while. You have to do this because after a while, your body could make involuntary actions in attempts to be efficient and forego blinking, which can cause serious eye problems in the long run. Now I am not really aware if I am doing this or not, because I haven't had any problems with my eyes. Probably because I do rest every once in a while, but there are times that I forget to take a rest and work for extended periods. At least I'm being more more careful now. :)

spence88, Apr 2, 2016
  5. babyleans

vinaya

There was a time when I used my laptop continuously for 8-9 hours, My laptop is old, thus, when I use it for long, it over heats and begins to hand. When I use for long, my laptop' fan also begins to make a lot of noise. However, these days, I use my laptop for 10-12 hours however, I don't use it continuously.

vinaya, Apr 8, 2016
  6. babyleans

jackiewbu

Unless it's cutting into your job, school work or relationships, I don't think it's a problem. If it's a laptop and you don't leave it on a desk theirs a chance it could overheat. Overheating a lot is bad for computer. One used until it overheats everyday is not likely to last much longer than a year. This is my experience with multiple Dell laptops.

jackiewbu, Apr 9, 2016
  7. babyleans

rz3300

Oh yes, way too much. At the same time though, I cannot really say it is my fault or anything. Work and school, plus the general move to doing everything online these days, it is just natural that this is the machines that gets the most use. I am also not really caught up with everyone else on the ability to use my phone, so I think that plays into it as well.

rz3300, Sep 15, 2016
  8. babyleans

BlueText

I'm a freelancer so I make my living off the internet. So yeah, I probably use the internet to much. But I think as long as you exercise daily and get up from time to time, it's fine. I think you only have a problem if it's affecting your social life and you aren't paying your bills. Otherwise, most people keep up with their family and friends on the internet.

BlueText, Sep 15, 2016
  9. babyleans

Elektron

I like taking proper care of my gadgets and my laptop is not an exception. I always clean it, keep it charged and I also don't like using it for long amounts of time due to overheating problems. My laptop is my baby and it's being treated like so, indeed.

Elektron, Sep 18, 2016
  10. babyleans

abonnen

I use my laptop a lot, but I also work from my laptop, I think the biggest danger and hurdle for me is my eyes and my posture, I really have to pay attention to where I sit and do my work! I think taking breaks and getting up and walking around is important when doing any type of computer work.

abonnen, Sep 18, 2016
  11. babyleans

clair02

I work online as a freelancer and blogger, so my laptop gets pretty much no rest during the day. That's from the time I wake up, usually around 10 in the morning to about midnight. I take occasional breaks but I leave it on the whole day. I know it's not very healthy to spend that much time around a computer, but I'm working hard now so that I don't have to work hard later.

clair02, Sep 21, 2016
  12. babyleans

Aree Wongwanlee

I use my laptop easily 10 to 12 hours continuously every day. Some days, I may even use it for as much as 20 hours in a row. Is that too much? Not really sure how to measure this. Will this wear out my laptop faster? Can't say for sure either. I would be happy if my laptop lasts for three years. After that, time to get a new model.

Aree Wongwanlee, Sep 21, 2016
  13. babyleans

acerme2

I use my laptop for online work and most of the times, I don't even bother to shut it down. I would just fold it like a notebook and leave it on my desk. I'm practically dependent on my laptop for my livelihood and a lot of stuff and it's great that it has not complained so far.

acerme2, Sep 23, 2016
Ask a Question