do you use your laptop too much?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by babyleans, Apr 14, 2014.

1. babyleans

babyleans

i think i use my laptop too much. are there any dangers to using a laptop all day everyday? i use it mostly for internet.

babyleans, Apr 14, 2014
  2. babyleans

useruser

I do user my laptop way too much. I spend at least three hours a day on my computer. I should probably calm down on that front and go outside more.

useruser, Apr 14, 2014
  3. babyleans

Maledictum

Yeah, I know I do. Though to be honest if I had a pc right now I would just be on that instead.

Maledictum, Apr 14, 2014
  4. babyleans

mikelouis

I work as a freelance writer so expect me to use it all the time. It gets rest when am out with friends or when am sleeping.

mikelouis, Apr 15, 2014
  5. babyleans

IBMPC8088

I used one so much that the keys rubbed off after the second year. I decided that the next laptop would have metal keys, so that's worked out better. Even when they're typed on a lot, they don't rub off like the plastic ones do. I always end up having to replace the keyboard on the plastic ones or use a usb keyboard if I don't feel like taking it apart or ordering a replacement keyboard just yet. I'm not sure what too much use would entail, but if my keyboard is any indication, I probably do use it too much. :p

IBMPC8088, Feb 7, 2016
  6. babyleans

thess

I don't think it's a big deal to use it all day, but I think it'd be best to give it a break at least once in the day. Maybe turn it off and let it rest. I don't use mine all that often but if I did I'd let it rest sometimes. Just like any other device.

thess, Feb 7, 2016
  7. babyleans

IcyBC

Yes, I do too! I have to work and using it throughout the day! I have to remind myself to just quit and let my computer rest.

IcyBC, Feb 9, 2016
  8. babyleans

vinaya

I am a writer and internet marketer.Most of my work is done on my laptop.Usually, I use my laptop for 8-9 hours in a day.Apart from power back up issue,I never have had any problems with my laptop.

vinaya, Feb 9, 2016
  9. babyleans

Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe, Feb 19, 2016
  10. babyleans

Pablo Diaz

I really don't use it that much. I use mine mostly for college, as I like to bring it to my classes and I have all my study guides in there. I also use it for moderate gaming when I'm in my house. But I while I don't think using it all day is that bad, where's the fun in that? Go out, talk with your family, get a hobby, etc. There's a world of possibilities and you should take advantage of them! Also, no. Your laptop wont get damaged from being used all day if you're not doing CPU-demanding tasks like browsing the web, but if you are gaming and your laptop fans are kicking off, then yes, it might get damaged.

Pablo Diaz, Feb 21, 2016
  11. babyleans

Corzhens

My laptop is for office use only and at my position with so many meetings, my laptop is not used very much. In fact, the most common software I use is the Microsoft word and also the spreadsheet although I sometimes make presentations in Powerpoint. I guess when my husband finally buys a laptop, that would be overused because he writes everyday of articles for their website and some scripts and stories as well aside from the occasional video editing.

Corzhens, Feb 22, 2016
  12. babyleans

Ishmael

I do use it a lot. But for many things I just check my smartphone. :D

Ishmael, Feb 23, 2016
  13. babyleans

hafiz93

Well, the dangers of using laptop way too much is probably for your eyes and your electric bills. Though I've seen people that stares at their laptop in the dark every night, but still have a strong sight.

For me it depends where I am. If I'm at my university then I'll be in front of my laptop when I'm not in class. If I'm at my parents' house, I'll be sitting in front of my desktop most of the time.

hafiz93, Mar 9, 2016
  14. babyleans

Odst123

There is some evidence linking prolonged screen use with damaged eyesight, but I wouldn't worry about it that much. The more important issue is the fact that you should be doing something other than browsing the internet all day, get some hobbies. I try to keep my computer usage at less than 2-3 hours a day.

Odst123, Mar 19, 2016
  15. babyleans

CasualGoofy

I probably do use it too much. I wake up fairly early, and the notebook will be on by then. The dangers of course, would be from ill-posture or wrong distance from the screen. I angle my notebook for less glare and better height. Sitting too long is also unhealthy, so it would help to walk away often.

CasualGoofy, Mar 19, 2016
  16. babyleans

acer93

I totally do, I mean I could say that I use it at least 10 hours a day, on weekends or winter - time - holidays even more! I can feel my bad hurting all the time, and my neck getting stiff, from looking down. I hear about standing desks, maybe I should try them.

acer93, Mar 20, 2016
  17. babyleans

oraclemay

I use my laptop most days for many extended hours. I can go for 10 hrs at a time sometimes. I need to get another laptop as a backup because sometimes things can go wrong. I live in a tropical climate and laptops do not like the heat. Winter is on the way and this may help me keep my laptop going for a lot longer without issues.

oraclemay, Mar 20, 2016
  18. babyleans

spence88

Yes, I probably do. I use my laptop for gaming, watching videos, social media, browsing the web, etc. Well, that's because my desktop broke. Until then, I do everything else with my laptop.
    Are there dangers in using a laptop everyday? Well, it depends on how you use it. Don't cover or block the exhaust vents and have a temperature monitoring program open.
    You don't want your laptop to freeze / restart while you're using it.Overheating is a common problem with laptops and covering the vents will definitely make it worse.
    So as long as you take the necessary precautions, it's ok to use your laptops for extended periods of time.

spence88, Mar 23, 2016
  19. babyleans

djordjem87

I work at home so I use my laptop all the time. It would be a smart move to buy a better one but I am not very good with cash. Sometimes I do not even shut it down and partly because I forget but I also have a problem when turning it on. It is taking too long and I get a black screen with a white dash blinking. I already asked for help here so I hope a solution will be found. I prefer laptops to desktops because I am not a gamer and I do not like the fact desktop is big and it takes too much of my working space. Not to mention how much I hate cables :)

djordjem87, Mar 26, 2016
  20. babyleans

UpgradeMe

I wouldn't say that I use it too much because I need it to function at the moment. If anything, I would say that I spend my time to inefficiently and end up stuck in an office chair longer than I would prefer. Other than that, I'm quite pleased with the time that I spent on it.

UpgradeMe, Mar 27, 2016
Ask a Question