Do you use Debian distro?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by remnant, Sep 21, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant

Debian is the oldest and most dependable distribution system out there. In fact, its regarded as the grandfather of Linux distribution systems. Practically every Linux distribution system contains Debian packages. It can be installed full mode or half mode using an installer. Its suitable for servers who like stability and don't like changing from one version to another. Which version do you use?

remnant, Sep 21, 2016
  2. remnant

Karen Gordon

I never even heard of Debian distro. I know about Linux, and the fact it is someting that a lot of people use but for distro that is a new one on me. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using it? I guess stability would be its main draw.

Karen Gordon, Sep 21, 2016
  3. remnant

SirJoe

I have installed Debian on virtual box before. It's very light weight and very fast. It doesn't on the other hand come with a lot of features but it’s not as bare as Arch. I do like it but I don't have it installed on bare metal.

SirJoe, Sep 23, 2016
  4. remnant

Karen Gordon

Well this is something that fits with the feature of you learn something new every day. In this case the new thing I learned was about Debian Deibox, what it is and how it fits in with Linux. I think it is just one of those things that you might want to know about if you are interested in becoming involved with Linux.

Karen Gordon, Sep 23, 2016
Ask a Question