Do you think laptop will be slowly phased out in the age of mobile devices?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Vash, May 15, 2016.

1. Vash

obliviousme

I think smart phones/tablets have overshadow the laptop's popularity for the past years but i don't believe for one second that these handheld devices are on par with laptops, they are not in the same league. Laptops are far more powerful and useful in the grand scheme of things. I think laptops won't become obsolete, it will just evolve just like smartphones.

obliviousme, Jun 7, 2016
  2. Vash

vinaya

laptop will never phase out. Things you do on your laptop cannot be done on your tablet or desktop computer. You can use your laptop to do things that you do on a desktop or tablet or smartphone. If you have to type lots of things,you cannot do it on your tablet. If you want your computer to go with you when you travel, you cannot take a desktop.

vinaya, Jun 13, 2016
  3. Vash

fcuco

I've noticed something with the younger generation, I am not even talking about millennials, I am talking about kids like 10 to 12 years old: they barely use computers, not even tablets, but cell phones. I didn't have the internet at that age so I can't compare but right now I don't see any type of mobile decide, iPad, tablet or smartphone, replacing my computer needs, for these kids, it is the opposite. I have a little nephew and his computer broke, he didn't cared at all, they associate computers with school work or boring stuff, everything is going on for them on their mobile devices: when his smartphone broke then the thing became a small tragedy.

fcuco, Jun 13, 2016
  4. Vash

cluckeyo

The thing I like about my laptop is doing stuff like this. Googling, research, forums, in the comfort of my easy chair. I like my smartphone and it keeps me from having to pick up my laptop many times a day. But i like the big screen on my laptop for relaxing and surfing! So I don't see them going away.

cluckeyo, Jun 16, 2016
  5. Vash

Krissttina Isobe

No I believe that laptops will always be around for people who like the big screen and working ability of laptops. Many people use laptops for work so it'll always be around hopefully with a longer battery life and better yet a solar power battery. Improvements to laptops will always be welcomed. I like the big screen of a desktop computer the best and the durability of the desktop too.

Krissttina Isobe, Jun 16, 2016
  6. Vash

acerme2

I, too, will not trade my big screen laptop for tablets no matter how powerful they get. I checked out the price of Microsoft Surface 4 i5 and found that they cost about $1,299 for just 8GB memory. That is simply not practical for most people when there are far more powerful laptops at lower prices.

acerme2, Sep 1, 2016
  7. Vash

abonnen

Personally I do not think they will, I think for work and typing it will always be easier to type on a laptop or desktop. I find it very hard to type on phones and tablets. I know personally I will always have a laptop becasue it is easy to transport and easier for me to use for work.

abonnen, Sep 1, 2016
  8. Vash

clair02

Laptops will never be phased out in my opinion. It's a whole different user experience doing stuff on a laptop than doing it on a tablet or phone. I know I, for one will never favor the phones over the laptop.

clair02, Sep 13, 2016
  9. Vash

AntonioCalcano

I don't believe they won't go away, they won't go extinct because laptops have their share, I mean you normally use a laptop for more mobile office work, and you can use some tablets that way to some extent but it's not the same thing. Tablets are more for entertainment and laptops are more for working. If we're looking at the mobile world those are the two options. We always will have desktop computers too.

AntonioCalcano, Sep 15, 2016
  10. Vash

clair02

I agree with you that we will always need laptops, especially for work. But I don't agree about the desktops. Surely they are on their way out, especially as laptops become more and more affordable.

clair02, Sep 18, 2016
  11. Vash

Elektron

I definitely will not say that laptops are going to disappear, but it's not a secret that laptops sales have been reduced a lot and the main reason for this is named Smart Phones. People would rather buy an iPhone 7 or a Samsung Galaxy X rather than spending the same amount of money on a laptop which they know they won't be able to use as a phone or anything like that, so yes. People will slowly forget about laptops, you'll see.

Elektron, Sep 18, 2016
Ask a Question