Do I need to purchase wifi?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lisamanth, Apr 23, 2010.

1. lisamanth

lisamanth

I have so far pretty successfully managed a wifi connection with my aspire one.. until this week, those I typically log on with are shutting me down... and naturally in order to finish some work, this week was crucial that I be connected. I need to be certain I can get a fast consistent connection every day.. in order for this to happen, to I have to purchase something?

lisamanth, Apr 23, 2010
  2. lisamanth

simbeb

Wifi is the most unreliable type of Internet connection there is, and there is no such thing as a consistent connection. You need to make sure that you are as close as possible to the wireless router. You could by a wifi signal enhancer, which is an antenna that plugs into your netbook. You can also change your wireless card: the 3DSP wifi/bluetooth one has a much better reception than the stock one, but I had to remove it when I wanted to use Linux...

simbeb, Apr 24, 2010
Ask a Question