Do I get a refurbished Acer Aspire One if I send for repair?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by homersimpson7808, Jan 30, 2010.

1. homersimpson7808

homersimpson7808

Just curious, when you send your acer aspire one to Acer for repair, do they give you the same netbook back? Or do they ship a refurbished netbook back to you and you lose all your data? Does it depend if the problem is a software or hardware problem? Assume that the acer aspire one is under warranty.

homersimpson7808, Jan 30, 2010
  2. homersimpson7808

simbeb

They will repair and return the very same one you sent. It is highly recommended to backup your entire hard drive before you send it off though: they won't be held responsible for any loss of data!..

simbeb, Jan 30, 2010
  3. homersimpson7808

HappyH

Definitely the original returned, well it was when mine was repaired.
    HH.

HappyH, Jan 30, 2010
  4. homersimpson7808

homersimpson7808

how long does it take for them to repair and mail you back your Acer Aspire One? Are hardware defects such as a fried usb port covered free if the netbook is still under warranty? I heard of stories that it takes them 6 months....which is horrible! might as well buy a new netbook!

homersimpson7808, Jan 31, 2010
  5. homersimpson7808

simbeb

I've sent my AA1 twice for repairs. It was each time a maximum of 10 days between me sending it and the day I had it back. They will do any repair unless they diagnosed that the fault is due to you using or customising the item in a way that voids the warranty.

simbeb, Feb 1, 2010
Ask a Question