Dissected Aspire One 8gb vs 120gb 56k warning

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ineedaname, Sep 2, 2008.

1. ineedaname

ineedaname

I just got the new 120gb version acer aspire one so I thought I'd take a few pictures to compare it between the 8gb version. Here are the pics, the blue one being the new 120gb version.

[​IMG]
    On the top they look exactly the same.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Only when you flip it over do you see that they're a bit different physically. As you can see the bottom is a bit raised on the 120gb version to accommodate the larger hard drive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Under the keyboard once again its the same except the new version has an extra plastic film.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's the initial look at the mobo. The 8gb version is the top picture and also shown on the left in the bottom picture. You'll notice the 2.5" hard drive sticking out there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's a closer look at the hard drive area. Once again the 8gb ssd version is the top as it will be for the rest of the pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the other side of the motherboard.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's a close up of the area. Notice there's an extra black transistor (at least i think its a transistor) between the hard drive and the memory slot to provide extra power to the 120gb hdd.

[​IMG]
    Finally this is one last shot of the 120gb version with the hdd removed. Once again there's an extra plastic film probably to protect from shorting. If u noticed the ram in the pictures moved its cuz i swapped it between pictures. Hope you guys find this useful.

ineedaname, Sep 2, 2008
  2. ineedaname

lazy

[​IMG]

is the bottom metal square thing that wifi receiver?, i can sense alot of heat on it sometimes

lazy, Sep 3, 2008
  3. ineedaname

ineedaname

Yea the big metal box on the bottom right is the wifi. I usually feel a little bit of heat from it but not that much.

ineedaname, Sep 3, 2008
Ask a Question