Display Toggle problem

Discussion in 'Windows' started by denz_h, Jul 23, 2008.

1. denz_h

denz_h

Hi guys! I'm new here in the forum. I just wanted to ask if anyone of you could explain why the display toggle (Fn+F5) on my aspire one doesn't seem to be working. I installed XP on my unit (1G ram) and followed the recommendations from this forum to speed up XP. Everything seems to be working fine except for the display toggle. Is it because I installe the intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator? Hope you guys could help. Thanks!

denz_h, Jul 23, 2008
  2. denz_h

hmraao

Could you be a bit more specific? For instance, pressing Fn+F5

A. has no effect, or

B. blanks the build-in screen, but doesn't fire up the external monitor, or

C. something else.

If A and you've done a diy-xp-install on a AAO 110L, are you sure you've setup all the key mappings that you need? Obviously, some Fn key combinations may be intercepted by the Bios. Display toggling is a prime candidate.

If B it could be a driver problem. Are you using the Windows display driver Acer provide for the AAO?

Haven't seen this problem in any other posts (yet), so you're clearly in uncharted territory. Good sailing.

(Ephraim Tutt, takes on the cases nobody else wants)

hmraao, Aug 17, 2008
Ask a Question