display reduced and copied downwords

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by folke, Jun 26, 2009.

1. folke

folke

The display is shown small to the left of the screen and is copied downwards. When checking the device manager I found three display adapters and by mistake deleted them all. How can I have them installed again?

folke, Jun 26, 2009
  2. folke

scoob

I have what sounds like the same problem...

One morning when I turned the machine on, the display seems to have 'shrunk' to about 7" diagonal, with an empty black rectangle running down the right hand side of the screen, while on the bottom of the scren the top bit is repeated again.

My machine originally came with Linux but I had upgraded that earlier to Windows, so I've tried re-installing Win and all the drivers etc., but nothing doing, the problem still persists. (Before someone suggests that I must have messed up the OS change, this all went through fine and I used it happily for two weeks before this happened.)

Has anyone come across this -- and better yet, figured out what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks!!

scoob, Aug 12, 2009
  3. folke

dogma

I had this problem after I'd dismantled it to add more ram. The cable from the screen to the monitor plugs into the motherboard and it needed reseating. If you take off the keyboard it's just under that in the top left corner.

dogma, Aug 19, 2009
Ask a Question