discuss about fan and temperature

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by arriba, Nov 5, 2008.

1. arriba

Hi everybody, i have the 150 1267 model, i don´t know others laptops, but i found that the machine is cooler when is not pluged and only uses the battery. Any reason for that? is that the way? I also test it plugged but without battery, that way, the zone behind the ESC F1 F2 ... is cooler than when is plugged and with battery. I did not notice any change if the battery is full or not. Is this causes due to the proccesor works at less mhz when using only battery?

And about that last point, the cpu mhz uses more or less mhz depending on temperature? i mean same way fans works faster or slower...

I also instaled the a1ctl_v0.4 and now i get lower temperatures and better fan velocity control. I see arround there that this is fixed with an update for the bios, is that right? anybody update and see any change on this? what i readed to is the update of the bios did not change much things, and in many cases cause problems. Any advice on this?

And, last thing, how could be the bes way to keep cooler? i mean, for example, could be a good idea to make something to introduce by external fan fresh air from the fron, you know fron the holes on the bottom front chase. I´m thinking on build an external fan cooler pad, for the AAO, but specialy for the AAO, got the point?
    So, have anybody some info to share about this?

And that´s all for now, i think here we have an interesting thing to discuss about. :)

For now, i keep my temperature arrownd 44-55º c and is summer here now!! before installed the a1ctl_v0.4 the temperature was arrown 5-10º c degrees more than that and my fan was on all the time, now, when temperature is behind 50º, fan is off, is is obove 50º but behind 60º i use the slow mode, and if is above that high speed of courseit turns to automode.
    Is there any specification ( i didn´t found yet) of the temperature range for the AAO? i see many components not only computers has this things detailed on manuals.. for example, my router has it, my wifi has it, my phone has it.... i mean, there´s must be somewhere, something, official from acer that sais something like this: the AAO temperature range is between 30 and 90 º For now what is important is to know the highest temperature that the machine will support, isn´t?

bye

arriba, Nov 5, 2008
  2. arriba

dattaway

I do know the maximum for the hard drive is 45C. Mine frequently gets too hot, because my fan only runs at one low speed. From smartctl:

Airflow_Temperature_Cel 0x0022 058 035 045 Old_age Always In_the_past 42 (0 2 65 20)

Mine got to 58C, way over 45C. . .I wish I knew the linux driver or patch to turn the fan up. I may have a hard drive failure in the future, because the bios isn't adjusting the fan.

dattaway, Nov 5, 2008
  3. arriba

o TINY o

My fan never turns on.

o TINY o, Nov 6, 2008
Ask a Question