Disable storage expansion

Discussion in 'Linux' started by BrainHunter, Aug 16, 2008.

1. BrainHunter

BrainHunter

hi

does anyone know how i can disable the merged filesystem of the expansion slot? i want to use it as normal mount.

tia BrainHunter

BrainHunter, Aug 16, 2008
  2. BrainHunter

sakman

Sort of, kind of...

What I tried was to disable automatically mounting drives - with mixed results. The only way this works for me is to bring up the file manager first and switch the view to Advanced mode and then insert the SD.

Select Documents and in the menus: Edit -> Preferences ->. Advanced -> Configure the management of removable drives

Then I de-selected the first checkbox: Mount removable drives when hot-plugged.

The SD card gets mounted to /media/disk. When the SD card is out there is only the directory /media, so with the SD card out I created /media/disk and then added the mount line to /etc/fstab:

/dev/mmcblk0p1 /media/disk vfat rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=hal,utf8,shortname=winnt,uid=500 0 0

Now I add the SD card after the system is up and manually mount it at the terminal:

sudo mount /media/disk

I still have to find the setting so that the file manager always comes up in Advanced mode - right now it always starts out in Standard mode.

sakman, Aug 17, 2008
Ask a Question