Disable d2d in BIOS setup

Discussion in 'Linux' started by martipe, Jan 16, 2009.

1. martipe

martipe

hi, I would like to change from Linpus to XP and read in a couple of articles, that bevor doing so, it is recommended to disable the d2d option in the BIOS setpup. for one reason or another, I can not change that option in the BIOS setup (F2). the line for that option is shown in grey, and I can not move to it and toggle between "enable" and "disable". Anybody know how to access this setting?? thanks

martipe, Jan 16, 2009
  2. martipe

kapinouwi

what is your bios number???

kapinouwi, Jan 16, 2009
  3. martipe

martipe

it says v0.3109 in the F2 setup display

martipe, Jan 16, 2009
  4. martipe

nocturne1

Did you hit enter?

nocturne1, Jan 16, 2009
  5. martipe

martipe

when should I press ENTER? I pressed F2 during startup, then the BIOS setup menu showed up with several tabs (MAIN, SECURITY, BOOT ORDER, etc.), On MAIN, it shows the line "D2D Recover [enable]

here, as I assume, one should be able to toggle between enable and disable mode, but it is not possible go to this line!! the line is only show in grey....

martipe, Jan 18, 2009
  6. martipe

nocturne1

Sorry, I thought you could select it, but couldn't toggle it. The bios menu has a change setting key listed, but from what I remember for that option, you had to hit enter when it's highlighted to pop up a new menu.

If you aren't able to select it.... you might want to reset to bios defaults, then try to change it again.

nocturne1, Jan 20, 2009
  7. martipe

martipe

hi, thanks for your comments, but how would I ""to reset to bios defaults"" do this? flash the bios?? (sorry, am not a pc genius..)

martipe, Jan 21, 2009
  8. martipe

nocturne1

Uhhh.... I don't have my system here, but if I remember right, when you hit the Esc key (or whatever it says) to exit the BIOS, you can choose an option from the menu to reset to system defaults.

nocturne1, Jan 21, 2009
Ask a Question