Different voltage labeled on battery and case

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by AzukiB, Feb 1, 2018.

1. AzukiB

AzukiB

IMG_1006.JPG So recently I opened my refurbished laptop for the first time to clean it, and notice the battery has "DC 11.4V/11,4 = 43Wh/3655mAh" printed on it. But on the case outside it has a sticker with 19V on it. The power plugin hole also has "19V" etched besides it.

I don't know what's going on, but I've been using a 19V adapter and my laptop does heat up easily and often have problems with touchpad (directly above battery). Also, the area between plugin hole and keyboard is slightly electrified when charging.

Question is, is it ok to use a 12V charger (because I can't find a 11.4V adapter) or should I get a new 19V battery?

Thanks a lot for helping!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    AzukiB, Feb 1, 2018
  2. AzukiB

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

The charger is always going to be higher than the battery,it needs to be able to supply
    not only the battery but other components.

Looking on the internet your power supply is correct at 19v

I would say that you battery voltage is also correct,batteries go from 11.5 volts to about 14 volts.

Check to see if you vents are free from fluff and dirt if you are concerned about the heat of
    your machine.

something back, Feb 1, 2018
  3. AzukiB

AzukiB

Thank you! That makes sense! I guess the problems I have are just from poor design.

AzukiB, Feb 1, 2018
Ask a Question