did i get a bad screen?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Tallytail, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Tallytail

Tallytail

got my aao 3 days ago. when i first got it, i noticed the screen sort of flickers at the lowest brightness setting. I found out all i had to do was to bump the brightness to the next level. Then today, i noticed it flickers again at level 2 brightness. Is that normal as well? or is my screen dying? should i call acer?

I talked to my store (ncix). the tech insisted that i talk to acer first and get a case # with a confirmation of the problem before they will do an exchange.

I need some advice. thank you.

Tallytail, Nov 7, 2008
  2. Tallytail

tom_coombs

I'm not so sure about the aspire one as i have not had any problems with mine yet, however i had a problem with my dell last year similar to yours, in the end the screen flickered at all brightness settings and then the backlight stopped working altogether. after lots of research i replaced the inverter and this solved the problem.

if its in warranty then contact acer.

tom_coombs, Nov 7, 2008
  3. Tallytail

melhiore

What version of BIOS you use?? There are some issues about brightness with old BIOS versions. Mostly those problems were fixed by BIOS upgrade...

melhiore, Nov 7, 2008
  4. Tallytail

Tallytail

my version is 3114 i believe. i am not sure if i want to update because it seems very difficult.

Tallytail, Nov 8, 2008
  5. Tallytail

goofball

It's not difficult, you can really do it from Windows if you want. However, the newer bioses do remove the lower brightness levels.

goofball, Nov 8, 2008
  6. Tallytail

oinquer

you're supposed to get that problem with battery for what i remember...
    BIOS Wont fix it...will hide it...you get less brightness options so the flickering option is hidden....

oinquer, Nov 10, 2008
  7. Tallytail

[email protected]

Acer will probably just tell you to update the BIOS, if that does not work then you should be able to get a case # from them.

[email protected], Nov 12, 2008
Ask a Question