Did I brick my D-250?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by kpag, Aug 20, 2009.

1. kpag

kpag

I received 2G of RAM in the mail today and installed it. However, to my horror I realized when I hit the power button that it wasn't actually off but hibernating. I assumed it was still off because that is how I left it this morning but come to find out my brother used it today. Anyways, now nothing comes up on the screen, even after putting the original RAM back in. I can hear the fan moving but nothing shows up on screen. Did I just destroy a perfectly good 1 month old laptop?

kpag, Aug 20, 2009
  2. kpag

ashram

my rule of thumb.... always pull the battery before working on my aao!!!

considering i've had ram stolen from a running pc WHILE ON at work of al places, i've never had the issue, but it's possible.

ashram, Aug 20, 2009
  3. kpag

garrovick

Can you get to the BIOS screen to seee if the ram is recognized?

garrovick, Aug 20, 2009
  4. kpag

kpag

Well, on one hand I'm happy to say that my Acer is doing just fine, but on the other hand I feel completely stupid because I did not reinstall the memory correctly. That had to have been the easiest thing I could have done and I still messed it up. Oh well, the computer is fine and booted right up with no issues after installing the new RAM.

kpag, Aug 21, 2009
Ask a Question