Desk top application problems?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by tucker, Mar 3, 2009.

1. tucker

tucker

I've been struggling to update my month old AAO and new to linux. I eventually managed to start doing them by just selecting a few at a time via the update packager. So far I've done about 70% of the updates, but 3 of them gave errors and wouldn't work.

Some of the set up has clearly changed, such as the wireless signal indicator and battery level status, although not so much for the better as I now seem to have to enter my wireless password on every start up and won't save it in the settings?

The main problem is some of the desk top applications are no longer working and it just doesn't respond when selected. The spreadsheet icon for example gives an error? The network centre icon just does nothing as does the live update icon.

I need to do the rest of the updates. Could this be the issue or is there another problem?

tucker, Mar 3, 2009
  2. tucker

tucker

Something serious had gone wrong, so went back to the recovery disk, re-installed and re-did the live up dates and this time all seems well.

tucker, Mar 3, 2009
Ask a Question