Desk top and wallpaper

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jools, Jan 3, 2009.

1. jools

jools

I have now had my Acer A150 with Linpus for a couple of weeks, and I have to say I love it, when I was trying to decide XP or linpus I was always directed to XP. Must say after all the fun of dealing with a new system I have had no problem transfering files from my works laptop to my Acer A150 and then back again.

I do have two issues I would like some advise on...

Desktop - I would like it to be more windows desktop, so I can pin short cuts to it, does any one know if this can be achieved?

Wallpaper - I have gone into the xmfe options and change the wall paper, when I close down and open up again it has gone, how do you get it to stay put?

many thanks Jools

jools, Jan 3, 2009
  2. jools

Andysan

Hi there,

Glad your enjoying your AAO. Linpus is great, its very fast and works well on the AAO. You can find out how to do both of these things in the following threads:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1256
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1568&p=56867&hilit=change+wallpaper#p56867

Be warned howver, the Linpus OS is great for doing standard tasks that require no changes to the OS, but there is only so far you can go with changes to Linpus before things start breaking. Linpus is heavily locked downs and customized, if you want to tweak your Linux OS (as i did) you may wish to consider using an OS that isn't as restricted, but you will lose performance.

My Ubuntu desktop:

[​IMG]

Good luck!!!

Andysan, Jan 3, 2009
Ask a Question