Dell XPS 15 i3, or Inspiron 15 i5?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by WhichDell, May 18, 2016.

1. WhichDell

WhichDell

Looking for a 15" laptop, max $1000, that will run smoothly for years. No gaming, but a lot of multitasking with tabs, video, word, excel.

Comparing these 2:

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9550-laptop/pd?oc=dncwx1626s&model_id=xps-15-9550-laptop

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?oc=fncwpw5715h&model_id=inspiron-15-7559-laptop

The XPS only has an i3, while the Inspiron has an i5. But I love the feel and build quality of the XPS.

Will I feel the difference between the processors?

Thanks!

WhichDell, May 18, 2016
  2. WhichDell

sharatharadhya

Yes, you will see a lot of difference in performance. I would rather go with the i5 Inspiron as it has a better CPU. Core i5's have Hyperthreading which will deliver higher performance when needed and the Core i3 doesn;t have Hyperthreading. Core i5's have better System Cache to assist faster Application Launches and better Performance.If you still don't need the extra power go for the XPS, But looks are not all that matter. Good Luck.

sharatharadhya, May 18, 2016
  3. WhichDell

cluckeyo

I have a 15" Dell Inspirion. It has been a good computer and has lasted many years. I've used Dell for my last two laptops. They are very expensive though and I think I will try something else next time. The main thing I don't like about Dell, is that if anything goes out, you have to get your replacement from Dell. You can't go with any generics. Of course they may all do that.

cluckeyo, Jun 1, 2016
  4. WhichDell

Corteno

Personally I would go for the i5 over the i3. It's not only the performance you have to think about but the money you'd save in the long run. What I mean by that is you wouldn't need to buy a new laptop sooner since you have a stronger machine. It'll feel sluggish after a longer time.

Corteno, Jun 3, 2016
Ask a Question