Dell XPS 13 (2015, non-touch) vs Surface Pro 3

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by shadejb, Dec 16, 2015.

1. shadejb

shadejb

Hello guys, I have a dilemma that I might need your help.
    Currently I own a Surface Pro 3 (i3, 64GB model) and am looking for upgrades. However, the Surface Book is a bit over my budget and there are still a lot of issues to be fixes with this new iteration it seems. I recently read a glowing review of the Dell XPS 13 with the bezel-less display and become very interested in it. I only have two questions before I make the switch:
    - For gaming: How is the new Intel HD 5200 compared to the Intel HD 4200 ? Currently I'm playing M&B Warband with the Surface Pro 3 and experience not a lot of temperature rise or fan noise. Would that be a problem with the Dell XPS, and will it throttle a lot ? I know that the Surface Pro 3 throttles, that's why I went with the core i3 version.
    - The stylus: I haven't used the stylus very much, but it's always nice to have when I want to draw. I know that there is no pen-enable screen for the Dell XPS 13, but would a graphic tablet (like Wacom) be a good substitute ?

shadejb, Dec 16, 2015
Ask a Question