Dell vs Lenovo for Graphic Design and Animation

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Lebestiole, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Lebestiole

Lebestiole

Hi guys! First post here!

Well! I've had an Asus G46VW for the last few years and it runs my programs quite smoothly! Photoshop, Maya, 3D Max, etc.

However it's charging port is always breaking down, the battery gives me a lot of trouble and buying new ones each year is just not easy on my economy. This is the first laptop that has given me so many problems and I just can't work with it anymore. Plus Asus support in my country is crap.

I want to buy a new one and I'm not sure which brand is better. Dell has some pretty nice models that adjust to my needs, as well as Lenovo. I've never tried those brands tho, and I was always under the impression that Dell was not that good... but I wish you guys could give me your opinion!

Thank you very much!

Lebestiole, Nov 28, 2016
  2. Lebestiole

Ian Administrator

Welcome to the forums :). It's a shame to hear about your laptop breaking, as it's not that old. Is it covered under warranty still?

Both brands are good - so I don't think you would go wrong with either, as long as the specifications were suitable. They both make low-end budget laptops that wouldn't be suitable for the sort of apps you are running - you'll need plenty of RAM, a decent CPU and ideally an SSD.

Ian, Nov 29, 2016
  3. Lebestiole

Lebestiole

Thank you for replying! I've finally decided to buy the Lenovo Y700! I think it fits me well! :)

Lebestiole, Dec 1, 2016
    Ian likes this.
  4. Lebestiole

Ian Administrator

Nice one, I hope you enjoy it :).

Ian, Dec 2, 2016
Ask a Question