Dell Mini or Acer One Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by vickoxy, Jan 13, 2009.

1. vickoxy

vickoxy

Hi to everyone. I just want to know if someone compared keyboard (keys) size of these two netbooks? On the pictures it seems that dell keyboard is little bit bigger that one of Acer but i am not so sure.
    Thanks

vickoxy, Jan 13, 2009
  2. vickoxy

naeemsta

hmm if you want you can get a good keyboard on AA1 its coming in february the rumor is that it got N280 and it got 10.1 inch :lol: :twisted: and a nice keyboard :D

naeemsta, Jan 14, 2009
  3. vickoxy

goofball

Dell is bigger than the Acer but it also does not have dedicated Function keys and is missing F11/F12 even with key combinations. Dell's intention was to create a bigger keyboard than other netbooks. I still think the AAO has the better layout though for touch-typists (look at the right shift key placement). The lack of function keys might not matter to you but worth noting.

goofball, Jan 18, 2009
  4. vickoxy

vickoxy

Thanks for answers. Well, i need to consider now which will be better option for me...

vickoxy, Jan 18, 2009
  5. vickoxy

robo

I've used both, although not side by side, but my impression was that the Acer's keyboard was definitely _bigger_ than the Dell's, and the key placement was a lot better as well. That was actually my primary reason for buying an AAO over the Dell, despite the Dell's slightly better MacOS X support.

robo, Feb 10, 2009
  6. vickoxy

dcipher

YES! I have used both as well. The Acer's is bigger.

dcipher, Feb 15, 2009
  7. vickoxy

srvaao

I have both Netbooks (do I have to pay Psion to say that?). By eyeball, the Mini is about 1 cm less wide and the main keys are bigger but the layout in non-standard. The '/" key is down by the spacebar and drives me nuts.

The AAO's keyboard looks to be about 1 in wider than the Mini's and what I like about it is that the layout is very standard, and although the keys are smaller, they are proportional. I rarely hit the wrong key with the AAO, but the Mini is a different story.

The Mini's trackpad is better to me mainly because of the position of the buttons and the ease of pressing them. The Mini's seem almost too soft after coming from an AAO where sometimes I can't tell if I'm on the button or not.

srvaao, Mar 2, 2009
  8. vickoxy

vickoxy

Now i have also Dell Mini. And keyboard is bigger on acer one, but i get used to dell´s keyboard. I am writing a lot but i have small hands and don´t write with ten fingers... :D

vickoxy, Mar 2, 2009
  9. vickoxy

isamaliwa

Dell Mini laptop keyboard is smaller than acer

isamaliwa, Jun 1, 2014
  10. vickoxy

sachinkumar12

Thanks for sharing this useful information with us

sachinkumar12, Mar 28, 2017
Ask a Question