Dell Inspiron 11 3000 & Audacity

Discussion in 'Dell' started by ChrisJBrady, May 7, 2017.

1. ChrisJBrady

ChrisJBrady

I am trying to digitise a bunch of cassettes (and LPs). For this I am using an ION Tape 2 Go, a Pioneer CT-W404R Dual Cassette Deck (with a Behringer digitising device), and a Teac LPR550USB CD Recorder with Cassette + Turntable. All give output in stereo to a USB port. I know this because I can capture the stereo using my Toshiba Qosimo G32 running Linux with Audacity. But the Linux OS keeps crashing out.

So I am trying to use my brand new Dell Insp. 11 3000 running Windows 10. I also have the latest Windows Audacity. Yet whilst I can capture and record the input though the USB port(s) 2.0 and 3.0 OK the resut is always in mono.

The cassettes / LPs are stereo, the input via the USP port is stereo, but the Dell and Audacity refuse to seprate the channels and only record in mono.

What settings do I have to use on the Delll and with Audacity to get them to accept the stereo input from the USP port(s) and record in stereo.

Thank you.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    ChrisJBrady, May 7, 2017
  2. ChrisJBrady

something back

[QUOTE

What settings do I have to use on the Delll and with Audacity to get them to accept the stereo input from the USP port(s) and record in stereo.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Never used Audacity, but I have found this youtube link that may help

something back, May 8, 2017
  3. ChrisJBrady

ChrisJBrady

Thank you - that works.

ChrisJBrady, May 22, 2017
Ask a Question