Dell 1390 won't work in XP

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jesus_jones, Feb 1, 2009.

1. jesus_jones

jesus_jones

Hi,

I have a dual boot xp and windows 7 A150. I changed the wifi card while I was upgrading the ram so I can hackintosh but now the wifi won't work in xp. It will work in windows 7 without having to find and install drivers.

I've tried the dell 1390 drivers and I previously had no problem with an A110 and a similar dell 1390 wifi card. When I try and install the drivers I get an error message saying I don't have this device. Can anyone help I prefer xp to windows 7 and I don't want to have to migrate.

I tried looking in windows 7 for the drivers it used but haven't got a clue where or how it had/installed the drivers. I'm not the most pc literate so if there may be something obvious.

Thanks

jesus_jones, Feb 1, 2009
  2. jesus_jones

berzerkus

i have the 1390 card. I went to dell's website, downloaded the 1390 driver from the inspiron 1525. Then extracted the drivers using winrar to open the self extracting archive. Go to device manager and point it to the extracted files and wallah.

That's just how i did it though. Maybe I can upload the driver for you. Let me look and see.

berzerkus, Feb 12, 2009
  3. jesus_jones

berzerkus

ok, I PM'd you the link for the file.

Something else to try as well. If it says the hardware isn't there, than try shutting the aspire one off. Remove the battery and wait a few minutes. Tap the power button a couple times to be sure it's fully discharged. Plug it in and power it on. You should see the 1390 in the device manager, possibly as an unknown device. If you do not than something is wrong.

berzerkus, Feb 12, 2009
  4. jesus_jones

DynaMight

DynaMight, Feb 26, 2009
  5. jesus_jones

mutti_wilson

I've tried 3 different drivers for my new 1390 and I am having freezes, BSOD's, all sorts of things going on. It works great in OS X, but XP is a big issue. Anyone have any stable drivers?

mutti_wilson, May 10, 2009
  6. jesus_jones

jakerrulz

the links on the laptop-video website are broken as they give a "/error/leech" error.
    can someone post a direct link or upload them to mediafire or somewhere please?

jakerrulz, Jun 16, 2009
Ask a Question