Dell 1390 not working???

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by theCollector, Oct 11, 2008.

1. theCollector

theCollector

Hey all. i installed my newly purchased Dell 1390 wifi card. install went just fine, no issues, but when i boot windows, it's not detected and the wifi hardware switch does nothing!

when i boot OSX, no wifi card is detected either. (i'm not totally sure how mac works yet, still learning, but shouldn't it detect new hardware?)

i don't know what to do now. i need my wifi working!

thanks

theCollector, Oct 11, 2008
  2. theCollector

SbM

Your wifi card is either dead or incorrectly seated or the two antenna connectors incorrectly connected.

SbM, Oct 11, 2008
  3. theCollector

theCollector

i just tried reseating it, and made sure the sables were matched up. still nothing. It's like it's not even there.

4. theCollector

denshaotoko808

Does it show up in the system profiler?

If not you either have it hooked up incorrectly or it's dead.

Look under Network > Airport card. It should say "Third Party Wireless Card"

denshaotoko808, Oct 11, 2008
  5. theCollector

technogeekchris

Try reinstalling the OSX without reformatting the existing drive. I just simply reinstalled it over my ISX. Somehowm the trick works to me. Immediately my WIFI works after doing that. And I am doing it everytime i install the OSX. i really dont know why, but it works...

technogeekchris, Oct 11, 2008
  6. theCollector

theCollector

its not showing up in my windows install though. would reinstalling still fix this?

7. theCollector

smilespray

I had to clean the connector (not the antenna ones, the one that slots into the motherboard) before my Aspire One would recognize the Dell 1390 card.

I suggest you test your machine with an external keyboard and USB mouse before closing it. That way you can try cleaning it, slot it back in, power on and test again several times.

smilespray, Oct 14, 2008
  8. theCollector

theCollector

well gentlemen, i purchased a new 1390, and just like everyone has said, it fired up in OSX no problem, and with a driver in XP. i'm very pleased!!! thanks for all your help!

theCollector, Oct 14, 2008
Ask a Question