Dell 1390 issues in OSX

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by releaseyourself, Dec 18, 2008.

1. releaseyourself

releaseyourself

Why is it some Dell1390 cards work straight out the box no problems and then some dont work?

I have just fitted a Dell1390 to a friends AAO with iAtkos v5 installed and it is only being recognised as "unknown airport card" in about this Mac.

Also when clicking turn on airport nothing happens the airport symbol does not have any lines inside.

I have tried the card inside one of my AAO's and same problem. So do you think the card is faulty or is there a certain 1390 version that only works?

Cheers guys.

releaseyourself, Dec 18, 2008
  2. releaseyourself

releaseyourself

Can any Dell1390 owners remember what version of card they have fitted and if the card worked or not?

I have found out that there are certain revisions of the Dell1390 and it will be printed on the card sticker and possibly in the "about this Mac" setting under "airport"

Should say something like - REV A04 or REV A03 etc.

releaseyourself, Dec 19, 2008
  3. releaseyourself

smacman

I have a REV00 1390 card and it is problematic. Shows up as Third Party Wireless Card in system profiler. It is intermittent. When starting the system for the first time, the card is typically unrecognized. In order to get it to show up, I have to shutdown, and turn the system on again (sometimes more than once) before it comes to life. I have ordered another card which will hopefully solve my problems...

smacman, Dec 19, 2008
Ask a Question