delete browsing history

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by bluesfloyd, Sep 22, 2015.

1. bluesfloyd

bluesfloyd

hi guys,
    on windows 7 there is a (delete browsing history) box with the options below that i tick all to be deleted,
    * preserve favorites websites data

* Temporary Internet files and website files
    * Cookies and website data
    * History
    * Download history
    * Form data
    * Passwords
    * Tracking Protection, ActiveX Filtering and Do Not Track

in the the (internet option) box there is a option ( delete browsing history on exit) that i have put a tick next to,
    so in the list above (delete browsing history) does all of the list above get deleted when i turn off my laptop ???????? please let me know,
    all the best, bluesfloyd

bluesfloyd, Sep 22, 2015
  2. bluesfloyd

IcyBC

When I cleared cookies and history on my Window laptop, I don't tick the password unless I already recorded somewhere. The way I see it, yes, those that ticked will be gone when you come back to your browser. If you're using Firefox, and you delete history and cookies, Firefox will come back up brand new, with none of your activities. So is with Chrome when you clean them.

I am not sure if I have answered your question thoroughly, and someone in forum will come to your rescue soon :)

IcyBC, Sep 23, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  3. bluesfloyd

bluesfloyd

hi,
    many thanks for your reply, you have answered my question, all clear now,

all the best, bluesfloyd.

bluesfloyd, Sep 23, 2015
  4. bluesfloyd

sparkster

They are your browser settings, presumably for Internet Explorer. So, rather than the history being deleted when you turn off your computer, it will be deleted every time you close the browser. Not only is this good for security but it also helps prevent your computer from slowing down because it's not building up a log of all the history.

sparkster, Sep 26, 2015
  5. bluesfloyd

Krissttina Isobe

You can clear your browsing history on chrome too. Just go to history under the customize and control 3 horizontal line at the top left of your screen and there you'll find when you click it and it opens history click it and you'll find your options. Easy as click and done. I use a library netbook borrow so I always try to keep history cleared and check the settings to get the optimum for my computer to go the fastest by going to plugins too.

Krissttina Isobe, Feb 24, 2016
  6. bluesfloyd

vinaya

Deleting browsing history does not delete cookies and cache. It is better to customize your browser history deletion. You can check password and cookies before you delete your history. If you delete cookies and password, you have to retype information and passwords while you log into your favorite websites.

vinaya, Mar 11, 2016
Ask a Question