Definitive way to share CD-ROM thru wireless router?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jackdashack, Mar 28, 2009.

1. jackdashack

jackdashack

I have gone through pretty clear instructions how to connect my aspire up to my toshiba laptop. Of course, it's to install programs from CD. They seemed simple enough but when I fired up the AA1 and went to My Network Places it does not show. The aforementions instructions said if it doesn't show up you my have permissions or firewall problems. So I disabled the firewall on each and made sure the toshiba gave permissions to unlimited users to read, change do anthing they wanted but still no show. I had made my new workgroup MYTHREESONS. However one thing was interesting. I did a search on the Aspire for any computer on the network and if found MYTABLET, which is the name of my toshiba. It would not allow me to access it because of permissions. Again, I am the administrator, by profile, of each and places liberal permissions on the toshiba. Can anyone tell me in simples steps their way of doing it. And cover all possilbe sceniaros of if it doesn't show up on the Aspire? Thanks, thats asking a lot I know. jack

jackdashack, Mar 28, 2009
Ask a Question