Deciding between these 2

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by AndreesHdz77, Dec 5, 2018.

1. AndreesHdz77

AndreesHdz77

Good evening, I have come to a final decision , which of these laptops (my work does not allow me to have a desktop) is better?

NOTE: RAM upgrade in Dell model is pretty unlikely but let’s consider it .

It’s for Gaming, Video Game Development (Unreal engine) 3D modeling and little rendering (3ds max), photoshop for photo editing and texturizing (also substance painter and Zbrush , audacity (audio editor ), video editing (little quantities ) and surf the Internet, , etc

A model Lenovo Y720 with an i7 7th (7700hq) 4 cores with 16 gb of RAM, 1060 gtx with 6gb of video, 128 bb of SSD, and 1tb HDD

Or a model DELL G3
    I7 8th (i7-8750h) 6 cores with 8gb of RAM, 1050ti with 4gb of video and 1tb HDD, 128 gb SSD
    ?

Another option but less likely as I haven’t heard good opinions of HP and it may be not longer available on my preferred store but let’s add it
    It’s an Omen with same specs as Dell

Greetings to all

These are the exact models (only that Lenovo should have 16gb RAM instead of 8 )

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2018
    AndreesHdz77, Dec 5, 2018
  2. AndreesHdz77

Doug709

Screen is a relevant metric, are they both 1080P displays? Personally, i don't do a whole lot of gaming on PC so i'd take the machine that has the 8th Gen i7...but if you do a lot of of gaming naturally the 1060 has a lot more grunt then 1050TI.

Also in regards to not having heard great opinions on HP, i have had several HP laptops over the years without any issues what so-ever. All of them were sold into the used PC market to second owners after i replaced them for faster machines that could keep up with my software needs. Currently i'm running a 14" HP Thin&Light with 8GB of memory, a core i5 8250U, 256GB SSD and a 1080P IPS panel, and its a spectacular reliable machine.

Granted, Dell and Lenovo are also solid reputable brands over all. I have a biase towards HP machines.

Doug709, Dec 6, 2018
  3. AndreesHdz77

ajaymehra

If storage is not your main concern then Lenovo Y720 is the better option as it has the high end specs the 1060 gtx graphics, 16GB RAM, and latest processor. The SSD storage and the blazing fast graphics of Y720 is excellent for gaming and video editing work.

ajaymehra, Jan 1, 2019
Ask a Question