D260 Wifi not working

Discussion in 'Networking' started by andeh1234, Sep 29, 2011.

1. andeh1234

andeh1234

Hi, I recently formatted my Acer Aspire One D260-A with Windows XP (when installing I got a missing DSQUERY error which I skipped). Once windows was installed I installed all the drivers on the Acer website, however I could not install the WLAN driver (I have tried the Atheros, Broadcom and Realtek drivers) as when I tried it gives me this error:

"The Device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system.

Insert or Reinsert now."

Also when I go through device manager and try to install the Network Controller which has a yellow "?". It doesn't allow me to install, even with the windows CD in and telling it to locate the drivers I have on USB.

I don't believe my Wifi is actually turned on as the orange light is very dim, and when I press Fn and F3 for the wireless, nothing happens, however I don't think the Fn function can be a problem because all other functions work (such as disable touchpad/mute/numlock etc).

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this, any advice would be appreciated?

Thanks in advance,
    Andy

andeh1234, Sep 29, 2011
  2. andeh1234

andeh1234

Fixed

andeh1234, Oct 2, 2011
Ask a Question