d255 background

Discussion in 'Windows' started by the man, Mar 19, 2011.

1. the man

the man

hi, how do i change the background on my d255, i've got win7 starter and i want a different background as the original is a bit boring.
    thanks

the man, Mar 19, 2011
  2. the man

donec

If you mean the desktop image then right click on the desktop and select personalize.

donec, Mar 19, 2011
  3. the man

the man

it doesn't give me the personalize option :|

the man, Mar 19, 2011
  4. the man

donec

From a few minutes of searching I found that MS designed Win7 Starter without the ability to change the desktop background.
    With that said a little more research found that it definitely is possible to change it with the third party software from Stardock My Colors (Theme Manager) not free.
    There are some that claim the following may work and you can try for free....
    Since this behavior is "by design", there is no resolution. However, if the user's intent is to change the desktop background, this can still be accomplished by clicking the Windows start icon in the bottom left of the screen, and then typing "Change desktop background" in the search box.
    and maybe this will help...
    Control Panel/appearance//display/change color scheme/ windows classic/advanced

Of course you could always switch to Linux Mint for free.

donec, Mar 19, 2011
  5. the man

flyboyovyick

Try right clicking on a picture you want as your background and set as wallpaper, or go to C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper.

The wallpapers should be there, just replace the one in use with something you like.

Hope this helps.

flyboyovyick, Mar 27, 2011
  6. the man

Forone

The patch fix for W7 Starter Personalization

I recently got another Acer with W7 Starter, and was bugged by the crippled personalization. I don't want to pay for or load a heavier W7 onto the machine - tweaking has gotten it reasonably fast though certainly not as fast as XP. Once off warranty I will probably "upgrade" to XP and can run Ubuntu from USB stick in the meantime. However, the crippling of W7 Starter does bug me.

Initially I could only find "add ons" to provide desktop background, etc. to W7 Starter. But now I've found this simple free patch that adds a great deal of personalization to it, written up in LifeHacker which is a credible online source. Just unzip the compressed file and run the *.exe - the PC will automatically reboot and new personalization options are available by right-clicking the desktop thereafter, just as it should be.

http://lifehacker.com/5830317/get-missi ... er-edition

Forone, Aug 22, 2011
Ask a Question