D250, What a pain getting AHCI running w fresh XP install is

Discussion in 'Storage' started by veloslave, Dec 4, 2009.

1. veloslave

veloslave

Did you get it to work?

Would you be willing to share some solid details? I am trying slipstreaming with N-lite but have had no luck. Tried install with IDE and then installing drivers and changing to AHCI at next boot and no luck there.

If I get it figured out I am going to host the image on my server for everyone BUT PLEASE...

If you have it solidly figured out on a D250, PLEASE SHARE :)

Thank you in advance for any help

Rod

veloslave, Dec 4, 2009
  2. veloslave

DutchDK

Unless the D250 has an option in the Bios to switch the ICH7 SATA controller to AHCI mode, from the default legacy IDE emulation mode (it hasn't that option AFAIR), you are SOL.

Also, unless you have changed the disk to a SATA2 disk, you wouldn't see much of a performance enhancement. The standard SATA disk in the Aspire One D250 is just SATA 1'st generation capable AFAIR.

The 1500 Mbit transfer rate from a SATA 1'st gen disk, isn't that much faster than UDMA 5/133.

DutchDK, Dec 4, 2009
  3. veloslave

veloslave

OK... I finally nailed it and FWIW... I feel I have noticed a very noticable performance increase over just loading it with IDE and furthermore... I wanted AHCI also for the dual booting of Ubuntu Remix.

I have slipped-streamed the drivers into an XP Pro and have put the ISO on my server so I am going to link it here for now... it would be great if someone feeling able wanted to put this up as a torrent. If so please let us know here.

Let me know if it helps... it sure made my night. Also FTR, this was specifically for a D250-1924 and should work for most or all D250's (I think)

MOD EDIT: Whilst your work is appreciated, it is against forum rules to post links to Warez. if you have been able to successfully integrate boot-mode device drivers into an N-Lited XP edition, please limit your post to instructions on how to do so. Uploading a "copy" of a Windows XP image is in itself piracy as you are enabling other people to download software which is to be paid-for. The user agreement for N-Lite clearly states that the software is for personal use only.

*Link Deleted*

veloslave, Dec 7, 2009
Ask a Question