D250 touchpad unresponsive area

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by nedlyj, Jun 30, 2009.

1. nedlyj

nedlyj

I have a question on the tocuhpad on the D250, which I've really just noticed. The bottom 1/4 inch (or a little more) of the touchpad, right above the buttons, does not register a response. If I test it in the Synaptics settings it also shows that it is not registering any touch in that area. I generally notice it if I start my finger right at the top of the buttons and move up from there to move the cursor - it doesn't move until my finger gets above this area of the touch pad. This runs completely across the bottom of the touchpad and is very consistent, so it's not like there's one limited spot that's not working, which is why I'm assuming it may be normal for this one.

So, obviously the question for other D250 owners is: is this the normal behavior of the touchpad on this model (i.e. are you seeing this also)? I'm not overly concerned if this is normal that there's say a 1/4" buffer here. But if it's not normal and I have a dead area that shouldn't be there, then that's different. I've just never had a touchpad on a notebook that had this characteristic.

Anyone want to chech it out? Thanks.

nedlyj, Jun 30, 2009
  2. nedlyj

erikownsyou

Hi Nedly,

I just got an AOD250 and it shows the same behavior; I think its normal

-Erik

erikownsyou, Jul 1, 2009
  3. nedlyj

hero

My touchpad is the same way.

The thing that's bugging me are the mouse buttons. Mine is only a few days old, and they already feel pretty mushy. Out of the box, the left button barely made a click noise while the right button sounds normal. I went to the computer store today, and the D150 buttons feel much more solid. Do you guys have this problem?

hero, Jul 20, 2009
  4. nedlyj

radioman193

defective item just exchange it for another one.
    after 3 weeks Evert day use here in the office with running peachtree mine still sound and feel the way thay shuld.
    Just dont "Click" as loud as my usb mouse but never did.

radioman193, Jul 20, 2009
  5. nedlyj

drain

My touchpad also has a mostly unresponsive area toward the bottom 1/4 inch. So is everybody saying this is normal for the hardware or is this a malfunction and I should contact Acer? This is annoying and doesn't seem normal. I also notice occasionally if trying to use that bottom area it will suddenly move the pointer somewhere far across the screen. I did download and install the latest synaptics driver from acer and it did not improve. :cry:

drain, Jul 30, 2009
Ask a Question