Customizng: changing default window positions etc.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Raido, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Raido

Raido

In Linpus, how does one go about changing the default positions which app windows appear in?

For instance, the Calculator window always appears too far down the screen, not showing the lower buttons (nice going, Acer - harumpf :roll: ). I'm pretty sure it's editable in some .cfg file somewhere, but which one?

In the same vein, anyone found out how to change the colours of the four default Linpus "Home" screen windows? Brown/green/Blue are not my favorites, must say - maybe it's in an xml file somewhere?

Also, I figured out how to change the window manager appearance (getting rid of the default ughly XP-style appearance), but it'd be nice to know how to install other themes as well. How would we go about that? (A NeXT-style theme would be nice, for instance!)

Regards, R

Raido, Jul 19, 2008
  2. Raido

Kev50027

The colors are all images that are linked to in the XML for the desktop, which is /home/user/.config/xfce4/desktop/group-app.xml

If you got root access, and changed those images, or linked it to different ones, you could change the colors. Currently, I'm trying to get the Browser icon to look like the Firefox icon.

Kev50027, Jul 20, 2008
Ask a Question