Ctrl, Windows, and Alt keys keep switching around

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by arexxk, May 28, 2009.

1. arexxk

arexxk

It does this like after every boot, the keys just switch functionality. It might have something to do with the Aspire Keyboard Kext, but I'm just tired of going to the keyboard preferences and fixing all the modifier settings. :?

arexxk, May 28, 2009
  2. arexxk

Cralex

I'm not really sure why, but this kept on happening to me too. The odd thing is that it eventually saved the setting after repeated corrections and hasn't gone back since... I don't know why.

Cralex, May 29, 2009
  3. arexxk

arexxk

im pretty sure it happened after upgrading to 10.5.6, because after that update the trackpad and hella other preferences were lost. And since there's no way of modifying the ApplePS2Controller.kext in 10.5.6 i think i should just reinstall, but i don't want to mess up my xp install and lose all my mac files.

Does anyone know of a good hard drive image cloner

arexxk, May 29, 2009
  4. arexxk

tieitsch

You don't need to edit kexts to switch alt and command key. You can do this in the System Prefs in the Keyboard/Mouse settings.

tieitsch, May 29, 2009
  5. arexxk

arexxk

ya but the problem is after updating my appleps2controller.kext to reset the sensitivity for my trackpad, switching the modifier key settings in keyboard preferences no longer does anything and its driving me nuts. :geek:

arexxk, May 29, 2009
Ask a Question