Crisis mode doesn't work anymore!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jackiecorn, Feb 15, 2010.

1. jackiecorn

jackiecorn

I've been using the AOD150 for a year or so now,every once in a while my AAO will not boot at all and requires me to enter the crisis mode to make it boot again. I always thought that recovering bios in crisis mode means updating the bios to the version of the FD file,in my case the 3310. However after reading some posts here i found that updating the
    bios is a different process,so I did it correctly and booted into 3310 fine and ran all my OS with no problem. Unfortunately just one day after the update my AAO cannot get to the boot logo again. I was pretty upset cuz i thought the 3310 bios would fix the booting issue. I entered the crisis mode with the power light blinking like always, however the USB flash drive I always used to do this did not blink at all, thus not recovering the bios,I'm pretty much bricked now!
    Does crisis mode work differently after the 3310 update?
    What the hell can I do now with only the access to crisis mode?

jackiecorn, Feb 15, 2010
  2. jackiecorn

jackiecorn

I tried it a few more times an hour later and it somehow worked again. I dont know what made it work and not work but I've had enough of these annoyance I'm gonna sell my AAO soon and buy a more reliable computer.

jackiecorn, Feb 15, 2010
Ask a Question