Creating the eRecovery discs using USB

Discussion in 'Windows' started by radial, May 19, 2009.

1. radial

radial

Okokokok, its not for a want of looking around, searching etc etc but the creation of USB stick recovery option is driving me NUTS.

I used to think I was pretty well versed with everything PC and windows, but now Im just feeling my age and for some reason, this all seems as foreign as windows95 was to my mother (who is 78) when it came out in 95 - "look mum you do this that and the other thing and viola you have a CD ROM"

My goal is to get a AA1 USB eRecovery setup working for XP and I honestly CANNOT decypher what is being said in half the threads here.

I have a sandisk cruiser 16gb USB stick and have downloaded macles* aa1bwindows application, made the USB bootable under linux, and started the "backup" procedure, however Im sure that this is NOT what I wanted to achieve.

I have installed a multitude of crap on my AA1 and want to get it back to factory default. One hidden partition, windowsXP on the other and all the drivers installed - blank/clean/just out of the box nice - essentially the same as if I had purchased a external DVD writer.

Any pointers to a ABSOLUTELY BRAINLESS sticky for XP would be very much appreciated - cut the explanations just a STEP BY STEP (yes i know xp wont boot from a USB etc and no i dont have access to XP iso's)

thank you (in advance) to the wonderful person who can help

radial, May 19, 2009
  2. radial

drfhm

Tried the Macles system and all went just as it should to a point followed instructions,no prob, then when got to backup after 10 mins it slowed down then another 10 mins and it stoped,mesage said "SPLIT:/MNT/UBS/BACKUP/AAIB.003: NO SPACE LEFT ON DEVICE" press any key, i did and then it said level ,didn’t have a clue what to do so I left it to drain battrie and haven’t touched it yet .At the start I checked my dick usage analyzer said used 7.3gb available 105.1gb and the transcend 4gb flash I just bought said 3.7gb free .the figures I had when it stopped were 31024MB...27% .I have Acer Aspire a150ab . 512mb..120gb . ñost Linux lite and put on Ubuntu remix 9.04 the other day and everything works well till now .Pls help if you can , not only do I badly need a backup I also need to use the netbook daily

drfhm, May 20, 2009
Ask a Question