crashes with accu

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by floppyfreak, Sep 4, 2008.

1. floppyfreak

floppyfreak

my new aspire 110 crashes, when battery recources are about 50 percent when I eg try to open a new app (high battery use?).
    The only way to bring it back is to shut it down unfriendly (hold on off button for a few seconds. Im a linux n00b) and restart. With poweradapter all works fine.
    Some have same experience?

floppyfreak, Sep 4, 2008
  2. floppyfreak

cosmo146

Hi,
    I have the same problem. My AA1 also crashes after around 40-50% of battery power is gone. If using wifi it lasts around 10 minutes! I tried to change the power settings, but nothing helps. Any idea what to do? The OS is Linux.
    Thanks

cosmo146, Sep 23, 2008
  3. floppyfreak

rbil

Possibly a bad battery? This shouldn't be happening.

Cheers.

rbil, Sep 23, 2008
  4. floppyfreak

hughgardens

Hey,

I have the same problem: battery indicator says I have plenty of charge but then a short while later the screen goes blank and the only way to make anything happen is to power off (hold down the power button). I have no problems when restarting or when then I'm plugged in but part of the point of buying an AA1 was to have something I could use on the move - without recourse to the mains!

I have the 512 mb / Linux version; I'm a Linux newbie but have modified things a little (Firefox 3, Thunderbird, removed a few unnecessary things (thanks macles! http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/07/recl ... spire.html)) with help from the clever types on this forum.

Maybe I need to leave the battery to charge for longer, or go through a few more charge cycles...?

hughgardens, Sep 23, 2008
  5. floppyfreak

cosmo146

Hi,
    I even got a replacement battery from Acer, but it won't solve the problem. My AA1 still goes blank after 30-40% of the battery power is gone. This really sucks, and the Acer customer service is horrible!! The reason to buy such a netbook is the transportability. Maybe there is a hardware problem, but still the AA1 works fine if plugged in. I don't know what to do. Maybe never buying an Acer again?

cosmo146, Oct 2, 2008
Ask a Question