Crash to blue screen during audio/video playback

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Guest, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi!

Having just solved the reverting to PIO problem I now have a new problem occuring quite frequently: During audio or video playback the sound sometimes hangs/echoes for a while, then a blue error screen appears and the computer reboots.

Windows error reporting suggests it might be a faulty hard drive, but I suspect some driver issues. This only occurs during audio/video playback. Could it be a codec problem?

My Aspire One is the XP 160GB version.

Thanks for any help :)

Guest, Mar 14, 2009
  2. Guest

bluenose

I have had a problem like this. Seems to happen when viewing some youtube clips and mp3s. Get some sort of sound loop and a atapi.sys BSOD.

Apart from that the machine is fine. Any ideas ?

bluenose, Mar 29, 2009
  3. Guest

power glove

i have the same exact problem like the guys above on my acer aspire one and knoew some other 2 friends that live near me and are having the some problem so please someone answer here

power glove, May 28, 2009
  4. Guest

power glove

i have the same exact problem like the guys above on my acer aspire one and knoew some other 2 friends that live near me and are having the some problem so please someone answer here

power glove, May 29, 2009
  5. Guest

power glove

power glove, Jun 1, 2009
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi there power glove!

There is an issue with the internal speakers on the Aspire One causing the hard drive to skip and in worst case crashing the computer. Vibrations and magnetism from the right speaker disrupt the hard drive when the volume is cranked up. There are some other threads on the issue on this forum and other forums out there.
    If you keep the volume moderately low the problem goes away. Irritating design flaw anyway.

Regards, opienor

Guest, Jun 4, 2009
Ask a Question