crash / screen go black

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by komlaa, Aug 7, 2008.

1. komlaa

komlaa

Just opened my aspire one and start using it but im having som problems. When trying to use terminal the screen goes black, the computer still runs but the screen goes black after a few seconds. This happend everytime i tried opening terminal, so i thought that this might have been the problem but now suddenly the screen goes black no matter what i do.

Does anyone know what might be the problem???

komlaa, Aug 7, 2008
  2. komlaa

zulan

I have no idea what might be causing this problem but I exerienced the exact same thing on mine. I hade ordered it online so I wasn't too happy about the thougt of sending it back to get a replacement that might have the same problem. So the thing I did was to install Ubuntu on it and it works like a charm except some times when my network connection drops but I think that is more likely a problem with my router than the aspire one. So the problem seems to be software related in some way.

EDIT: I have been running Ubuntu for a couple of days now and it works perfectly, no crashes at all.

zulan, Aug 7, 2008
Ask a Question