Crackling Sound - Acer Aspire 751

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by spooters, Apr 8, 2010.

1. spooters

spooters

Hi all,

I have just got a acer aspire one 751 and I get a crackling sound coming through the speakers. I dont have to play anything to get it either, it pretty much starts once booted. I have tried Kiki Linux, Jolicloud and Windows XP and I get the crackling sound on all of them. If I try to play something with sound it sounds ok.

I currently have Kiki Linux installed which is based on ubuntu 9.04.

Does anyone know of to fix this on ubuntu 9.04?

How can I fix this problem?

Please help me :(

I just want to use my new netbook.

Thanks

spooters, Apr 8, 2010
  2. spooters

Swarvey Moderator

Sounds like your AAO has some faulty hardware there, or maybe just a loose cable. Seeing as you have only just acquired it, are you able to take it back to the shop and swap it for another? Guessing you still have warranty on it, so you probably won't want to go opening it up and fiddling around with hardware. Acer is renowned for lengthy repair times, so if you can get the shop to swap it for you that'd be the best bet.

Swarvey, Apr 8, 2010
  3. spooters

4shizzle

I had a crackling sound on my pc. Turned out to be an improperly selected audio input source. I turn disabled audio input and the crackling went away.

4shizzle, Apr 10, 2010
Ask a Question