CPU Fan Issues

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by lccurtis1, Jan 26, 2009.

1. lccurtis1

lccurtis1

I have had my AA1 for about 2 months now my CPU fan stays on and is not only loud but it spins and clicks and never shuts off unless I use the the AA1 Fan control software that I downloaded I contacted Acer about this and the (terrible tech support) stated that they where not aware of this problem even though all over the web you find articles about fan noise. They told me I would have to send it in and it would take 7 to 10 business days to get it back and I also had to pay to ship it. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement fan for the AA1? I can replace it myself and acc.ording to Acer the part is not one of the parts that can be shipped out. Can someone help me with this?

lccurtis1, Jan 26, 2009
  2. lccurtis1

heliedgar

im having the same issue :| .. i downloades fan control bcose its bothering me i dont know what to do
    any idea? :idea:

heliedgar, Jan 26, 2009
  3. lccurtis1

dattaway

dattaway, Jan 26, 2009
  4. lccurtis1

lccurtis1

I sent my unit in for repair. I am starting to think this purchase may have been a mistake. The tech support really sucks, and now I am being told it will take 14 days for my unit to be shipped back after I was initially told 7 days. I wish I could have replaced it myself because after speaking with some of the support techs made me realize that they do not seemed to be really technical.

lccurtis1, Feb 3, 2009
Ask a Question