could not find the windows xp section

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Omega_red, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Omega_red

Omega_red

I have been having problems running some apps they work perfectly on all my other pc's. but for some reason my z5g wont even execute them.
    no error messages.. no warnings. they just wont work.. i tried doing a fresh install of xp sp2 and even tried running them on sp3.. but for some reason still nothing.
    I made sure to install all needed libraries, patches, ect...

Then i upgraded my bios!
    Now some of them work but others still wont. same thing.. it just wont execute the program! "for example system shock 2 -no cd patches, warcraft 3 -no cd patches, game maker 7, the lists go on and on.. alien shooter 2... it's making me nuts!

what gives? please help.

Omega_red, Nov 25, 2009
  2. Omega_red

melhiore

Those are very demanding games. Are they?? If so do not expect miracles - netbook is not for them as available resources are limited in AA1...

melhiore, Nov 26, 2009
  3. Omega_red

Omega_red

Not realy demanding at all...

System shock 2 runs with the cd and just needs a pentium 3 "after adding all the mods...." "goes like bat out of hell"
    Alien shooter 2 needs atleast a DirectX 7 graphics card and a 1.2 Ghz cpu....
    Warcraft 3 also runs with the cd.. "very smoothly"

I usually patch them so i dont need the cd but for some reason my aoa110 wont run even execute them after doing the no cd hacks.
    I dont own a external cd drive and making images of the games don't work well. the no cd hacks work fine on my other pc's but for some reason no luck on the aoa110... :(

Also is there a fan control utility for my netbook? "bios version 3314" ,is there a flash fire for windows 7. "already tried the search and google"

Sorry for all the questions... "hope fully soon i might be able to help others by answering in stead of asking" :)
    And sorry for my bad spelling and grammar english is my 3rd language.

Omega_red, Nov 26, 2009
Ask a Question