cooling fan

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Okie, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Okie

Okie

The cooling fan on my new Aspire is noisey. It buzzes when it activates. Is this a problem worth returning the unit?

Okie, Aug 20, 2010
  2. Okie

Forone

The fans are noisy and run faster than need, why many users install fan control software: most popular seem to be what I use A1ctl and another called AA1 Fan Control - search the forum for more information.

On the other hand, there shouldn't be any buzzing or rattling and if there is, return it.

Forone, Aug 20, 2010
  3. Okie

Okie

I just purchased 3 of the aspire ones from walmart.com: one for each of my 2 college kids and then one for myself. My cooling fan sounds just a tad louder than the other 2, so I'm not gonna worry about it. It's not on that much anyway. The walmart.com returns process is long and drawn out, so to heck with it!! :|

Okie, Aug 21, 2010
  4. Okie

Forone

Hopefully you got a good price. Staples (here in Canada) has a 14 day no questions asked return for electronics. I've had pretty good experiences with them and some other big boxes as well, never dealt with WM. But my machine's been great for closing on two years now (knock on wood.)

Forone, Aug 21, 2010
  5. Okie

Okie

I paid $248 USD each. They came with W7 Starter. I bundled mine and my daughter's with a carrying sleeve, USB hub and cable, mini-mouse and earphones for an extra $15. A separate ACER CD RW drive cost $40. So I thought the deal was good.

I was planning on getting the HP netbook when they hit $198 again at Best Buy, but the reviews on that machine were not good. The ACER had good reviews, so I sprung for it.

Have a fun week y'all, hear?... ;)

Okie, Aug 22, 2010
Ask a Question