Constantly Growing AsusTPAPi File

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dougckatyAS, Dec 4, 2020.

1. dougckatyAS

dougckatyAS

My Asus T100 has been running out of memory and crashing. I finally traced it to the AsusTPAPi file in the Programdata/SmartGesture folder. When I found it, it had grown to over 5 Gigabytes! I had only about 2 G our of 50 G left for the system to run. Many diagnostics would not run, for lack of memory in C:\. Explorer labels it as a text file, but everything I find online calls it a DLL file. Lot's of help if the file is missing, but nothing about my kind of problem. Not being able to figure anything else, and thinking I was going to have to factory reset the machine I deleted the file. It came right back up and started immediately incrementing in size, to the tune of a kilobyte per second. It appears to be trying to build some kind of log, with [ninepin] prefix on about 10 lines each second. Even with the AsusTPAPi file knocked down to size the system still freezes, or runs very intermittently. I'm probably going to do a system reset, hoping to leave my data files intact, if I can get that to run. Anyone out there run into this kind of thing?

dougckatyAS, Dec 4, 2020
  2. dougckatyAS

popper

First of all, I suspect that doing a factory reset is going to be ruinous to your data. And to any "aftermarket" apps you may have installed. I'd recommend that you get rid of gestures. I detest them myself, but you do you. I'd do a full system backup before the reset and restore after the reset.

50 Gb is not a lot of storage. Can you update your storage?

popper, Feb 28, 2021
Ask a Question