Connection to Windows network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kenw44, Jul 1, 2009.

1. kenw44

kenw44

I have a Windows network which consists of an XP desktop connected via ethernet to a Linksys ADSL modem router. I have two Vista laptops which connect via Wifi. All three computers connect to the internet. I have a printer connected to the desktop. All three access the printer OK. File sharing between them is also without problem. I recently bought an AA1 (with Linpus) and can connect to the internet via wifi through the router. It also drives the printer OK. I have not been able to get the AA1 on to the network. It cannot see the Windows PCs and they cannot see it. The 'Wireless clients connected' status on the router shows a MAC address for the AA1 but there is no computer name or IP address. I have set the workgroup name to MYGROUP as this was what was on the AA1 and it was easy to change the windows settings. Can someone please help me to get the AA1 on to my network. (I would prefer not to replace the Linpus with another flavour of Linux unless I really have to.)

kenw44, Jul 1, 2009
  2. kenw44

solpuerto

solpuerto, Jul 5, 2009
  3. kenw44

kenw44

Hi,
    Thanks for your comment. I had already looked at your post and many others but none seemed to give a solution using Linpus. I tried to download the Linpus manual for the AA1 but their ftp link does not work. I'll try Konqueror and possibly Ubuntu Netbook Remix. Does anyone have a fix for the wireless led which does not function with this distro?
    Best wishes

kenw44, Jul 6, 2009
Ask a Question