Connection Manager disapeared!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by tinas, Sep 2, 2009.

1. tinas

tinas

Can anyone advise me? - My normally working connection Manager has disapeared since i've changed countries from UK to Netherlands. I've checked the manual and it doesn't contain anything. I can't connect or change internet connect because the icon that usually shows connection manager in bottom right of Acer aspire one notebook has completely vanished ...? please does anyone know whats going on with it?????

tinas, Sep 2, 2009
  2. tinas

wozofoz

Hi, when yoy say the connection manager icon in the bottom right, do you mean the little icon that looks like a computer ?

First, two questions:
    Is the icon just hidden ? Click on the arrow head button on the bar to show all icons.

Is there a wifi button or slider on your Acer Aspire One (I don't know your model) that you have to push or slide to enable the wifi ?

If neither of those two help, try this:

Start > Control Panel (Classic View) > Network Connections

There should be at least two icons:

Local Area Connection This is for your landline
    Click on the icon and in the left pane you will see Enable this network device Click on this.
    Follow the prompts, it is obvious

Wireless Network Connection This is for wifi and may have a different name but it should be obvious.
    If you have a wifi router in range then follow the same instructions as Local Area Connection

Once you have connected the 'contact manager icon(s)' should appear.
    Good luck :)

All the best, woz of oz

wozofoz, Sep 2, 2009
  3. tinas

tinas

Hi Woz,
    Another problem is that I have Lynux operating system rather than windows - so it does seem to offer me a start button to go throught. I've made sure the icons are not hidden and i've checked the connection button at the front of comp., but still not allowing me to access connection manager - its as if the option for the internet has just disapeared! - really don't know what to check next - Do you have anymore suggestions?

thanks
    tinas

tinas, Sep 3, 2009
  4. tinas

wozofoz

Sorry tinas, Lynux is a foreign language to me.
    Hopefully someone with the knowledge will come along soon. Good luck :)

All the best, woz of oz

wozofoz, Sep 3, 2009
  5. tinas

Rofa

I'm not sure I can help, and maybe you have resolveId this already, but I had exactly the same problem - and unfortunately my backup was a 4 hr flight away. I did however have Moblin on a USB - and ran this for a couple of days - it's very much an early Beta distro and I am not too happy with it, so I thought I would go back to Linpus and try to resolve the problem - and lo and behold the wi fi connection was back.

Rofa, Sep 15, 2009
Ask a Question