connecting to wireless router

Discussion in 'Windows' started by nlforrett, Mar 14, 2009.

1. nlforrett

nlforrett

I received my AAO a few days ago. When I let it do it's initial setup, I noticed it connected to my wireless router. I turned it off when it was done with the setup. Ever since, it will not connect to the wireless router. It sees the network, full signal, but just says "acquiring network address"and never actually connects. I've updated the drivers. The router is fine, because my other laptop can connect. Does anyone have any suggestions for me, please? I didn't buy this thing to have to be stuck at the desk with the ethernet cable in order to go online. Thanks!

nlforrett, Mar 14, 2009
  2. nlforrett

jmr166

are you sure that your router doesnt require a pairing period like the orange live box?

jmr166, Mar 15, 2009
  3. nlforrett

melhiore

DHCP or Static IP??
    MAC address filtering??

melhiore, Mar 15, 2009
  4. nlforrett

Rich in ILM

Re boot the router.
    The DHCP server may not be handing out IPs to new Mac addresses. Also make doubly sure you are using the correct password.

Rich in ILM, Mar 15, 2009
  5. nlforrett

nlforrett

The router is set to DHCP. I have rebooted the router a few times. I even tried disabling security, but the AAO doesn't recognize that the network is now unsecured, even though I refreshed, and still asks for the password. And, of course, it still doesn't connect.

nlforrett, Mar 15, 2009
  6. nlforrett

melhiore

Can you remove this network/router from visible devices and start connecting process again?? It is strange that AA1 does not recognize unsecured network - some setting stuck in network profile IMHO...

melhiore, Mar 15, 2009
  7. nlforrett

Rich in ILM

Completely elimnate the SSID from your wireless network list.

Right click on the wireless icon in the tray then view wirelss networks then change advanced settings then the wireless networks tab then remove the ssid in question.
    Click ok and let your computer find the ssid again.

As long as the ssid is in memory it's going to have the wrong info if you have changed the router's settings. It needs to be started fresh.

Rich in ILM, Mar 15, 2009
  8. nlforrett

coolio

I had a similar problem.. It was resolved by unplugging the modem and plugging it back in. This happens everytime I switch from wireless to broadband and vice versa. Easy fix. Hope this helps you.

coolio, Mar 19, 2009
Ask a Question