connecting laptop to inbuilt projection systems for presentations

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by bluemoonjack, Aug 10, 2016.

1. bluemoonjack

bluemoonjack

Hi guys i'm new to this forum and am desperate for some help. Ihave recently started work as a freelance First aid/Fire safety trainer but i am having a recurring problem connecting my laptop to in built projection systems..The problem is most have a VGA connection which my laptop does not have.I have been using a HDMI to VGA adaptor which works but ihave never been able to get sound having to use my external speakers into my laptop,however the last time i did this i got no sound, BUT, when i disconnected from the system and tried my speakers they worked fine which is frustrating,so basically can anyone help me fix this problem i'm sure it will be something and nothing but it is driving me mad.
    Thanks in advance

bluemoonjack, Aug 10, 2016
  2. bluemoonjack

Mrs. Forbes

I was hoping to hook up a projector to my Dell Inspiron laptop for a class I am teaching later this week until I discovered a similar problem. The plugs do not match. At least I made the discovery now rather than the morning of the class! I had an older Dell that worked with the projector just fine, but sadly that laptop no longer functions properly.

Mrs. Forbes, Aug 29, 2016
  3. bluemoonjack

Elektron

You probably should try to install the projector's driver (if it even has one) or oyu could try to update your laptop's drivers in order to see if your drivers were the ones causing the problem, otherwise, you will have to check those wires.

Elektron, Aug 30, 2016
  4. bluemoonjack

fcuco

You will never have sound simply because HDMI has sound, but VGA doesn't, if the projector has a VGA input you need another cable for the sound as only HDMI projectors will work. You could see if the projector has a line in, mic input jack and run a cable from your headphones, line out connector to that input, something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mini-Jack-Patch-Cable-3m/dp/B00407AFDG

fcuco, Sep 2, 2016
Ask a Question