connecting aspire one netbook to plasma tv.Diff problem

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by dreadlocked, Oct 21, 2011.

1. dreadlocked

dreadlocked

hello how are you guys doing?long time that ive been in one of these, hopefully i can get help, i have aspire one netbook d257-13448, i have vga cable , i plug it into toshiba plasma tv and netbook. i plug in vga cable to tv and netbook before powering netbook on , i switch the tv input to pc.power on the netbook, windows logo and windows starting screen pops up on tv, but when it goes black for a milisecond from the windows starting screen to enter your password screen, it somehow goes back to my netbook screen. i cannot use hot keys to switch because my netbook screen goes black but it wont switch over to tv, i unplug vga cable from netbook to show display on netbook screen, please guys what is going on, i have used the hot keys FN with f5 and f6, also windows button and p , nothing works guys,, please help

dreadlocked, Oct 21, 2011
  2. dreadlocked

Swarvey Moderator

I'd suggest powering up the AAO without the plasma connected first, once booted and in Windows, power-on and connect the plasma. Then try the Fn key to swap your display. This will allow Windows to install any drivers if need be and possibly detect the appropriate resolution to display on your TV.

Swarvey, Oct 23, 2011
  3. dreadlocked

donec

Some software will not work if the TV is hooked up before the software is started. Example Corel DVD/BR player will appear to work but will run erratically if it is started when the TV is hooked up. However! If you get the movie playing on the computer and then switch to the TV it works.

donec, Oct 24, 2011
Ask a Question