Connect to internet through USB Windows Mobile device

Discussion in 'Networking' started by vzmr82, Jul 18, 2008.

1. vzmr82

AspireOneChris

I seem to have the same problem as "TerryBailey" with my new HTC Touch HD. my old MDA Compact 3 worked fine never a problem but now with my new phone the phone says connected but the computer says
    and then just disconnects on the computer but the phone says its still connected. The phone is connecting via vodaphones HSDPA network.

Any help will be much appreciated

AspireOneChris, Apr 22, 2009
  2. vzmr82

hhumbert

hhumbert, Apr 23, 2009
  3. vzmr82

dj_steve

ok sorry bout the long time between replies, been busy over here :)

the max packet error that people are seeing is relating to the MTU value, to change said valuethe commend below should work
    Code:
    ifconfig <interface name> mtu 1260

find out the name linpus assigns the phones network connection by typing ifconfig and looking at whats displayed .

that should solve that issue,

as for the dhcp issue have you tried turning off networkmanager

Code:
    service NetworkManager stop

then using dhclient to try and get the dhcp lease.

other than that i not sure and ill need some people to try things to fix that as i dont have a WM phone anymore (moved to a T-Mob G1 which cant tether at at currently)

also my howto blog has a new address now which is linked to in my sig below

EDIT: im also not sure if HTC changed theway sharing works on newer devices, soif anyone could try the same routine with an other device (htc tytn2/tilt/v1615 etcetc) and a new device (touch pro/diamond/vario4 etcetc) and see if it has issues iwould appreciate it

dj_steve, Apr 27, 2009
  4. vzmr82

akzadi

Steve,

the www.dmpwap.net site is down. Could you please bring it up again.

Akzadi

akzadi, Jun 20, 2009
  5. vzmr82

yavinmaster

Does anyone have a copy of the guide as the http://www.dmpwap.net/aspireone link has been dead for at least a couple of days and I would love to get these instructions.

Thanks.

yavinmaster, Jun 23, 2009
  6. vzmr82

yavinmaster

Ok - I found the guide in Steve's blog but without the dmpwap.net site I can't download the modified kernel. Can someone point me at where I can get it from?

Thanks.

yavinmaster, Jun 26, 2009
  7. vzmr82

dj_steve

have had some server issues with dmpwap so moved all files to the aa1blog site, ill update the blog with new links shortly. if anyone would like to offer up some webspace to host a mirror of the files and/or blog itself it would be appreciated.

i also need people withvarying HTC phones (the newer ones it seems) that dont work to help fix the problems as idont have a WM device now to try with

dj_steve, Jul 6, 2009
  8. vzmr82

dj_steve

right ive got me a HTC Polaris again so if anyone needs anything else working out re win mobile and linux let me know :)

dj_steve, Sep 9, 2009
Ask a Question